"Truly my soul finds rest in God;
my salvation comes from him." Psalm 62:1
Bethannah is the owner of @handcraftedaffirmations. She is the biological child of a sex offender and is a child sex abuse survivor that ultimately became a teen mom. Without the support and encouragement at the time from her religious family (50% of Abortions are conducted by girls from Religious homes), she chose life and felt God was calling her to parent her son.
Her identity was wrapped up in shame, her understanding of her own worth and value diminished. She healed and rose above the pain in her life when she discovered the true grace & love of Jesus and a relationship with Him and finally saw herself as God saw her. This ignited a fire in her and she created a Brand called Handcrafted Affirmations that is designed to offer daily reminders of our true worth and value through Biblical Affirmations. She does this through apparel, jewelry and a Biblical Self-Care Line.
A portion of every sale goes back to supporting teen parents choosing life offering them the grace she received through Jesus, child sex abuse survivors and human trafficking survivors. Bethannah travels the country in her restored pink vintage retail camper where she does events at retail stores that carry her Brand. Giving her the opportunity share her testimony with youth, wrapping her arms around survivors, bringing a sense of hope and courage knowing that all things are possible through Christ!
Bethannah champions the core belief that our worth and value isn’t wrapped up in our circumstances or the things that have happened to us, but in who God says we are and what He designed us for. She is a trail blazer of hope and courage under fire and she’s making an impact on our Nation unashamed.
Bethannah has now been married for 20yrs to the father and they have 4 amazing kids. Her oldest is now a missionary for Youth With A Mission who speaks with her and works with her when he is not on the mission field.
- My husband & I were high school sweethearts. As teen parents, we married with our first child at 19yrs old. We are Celebrating the victory of 20yrs of marriage this year.
- We have four awesome kids!
- I was a military wife to a deployed husband out of Fort Carson & My husband is an Iraq War Veteran. We love & honor our Military Families!
- We are passionate about travel and take fun adventures around the world & in the US.
- My oldest son is now 19yrs old and is a Missionary for YWAM serving in the Philippines & Australia
- I homeschool 3 of our children and cherish my time with them.
- I have called California, Colorado, Belgium, Europe, Philadelphia, PA, New Jersey, & Wisconsin, my home at different times.
- I am a writer & speaker
- I love to be creative and design what I envision.
- Photography is one of my passions
- My favorite female vocal artist is Lauren Daigle. The lyrics to her songs and her powerful voice have been used countless times to defeat the enemies' lies in my life. My dream is to meet her, thank her and hug her someday.
- I am obsessed with watercolor! I cannot paint or draw for anything, but I sure do appreciate the God-given ability in others, and you will find that on my website and products.
- I have a sense of humor, love being silly, love to dance, can be highly inappropriate at times, and laugh a lot!
- I am an empath, prayer warrior & encourager
- I am an introvert that sounds like an extrovert (You'll get it when you meet me and then will not hear from me for a while, LOL).
- My love language is words of affirmations and quality time.
- My Enneagram Type is Type 2, The Helper, Type 9, The Peacemaker, Type 7, The Enthusiast